The main objective of the University is to provide higher medical education for Specialist’s, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, as well as postgraduate training in internship, mastership, postgraduate study, residency and refresher courses for physicians and pharmacists.
There are 7 Faculties at the University (Medical Faculty No. 1, Medical Faculty No. 2, two Pharmaceutical Faculties (intramural and extramural), International Faculty No.1, International Faculty No.2, Faculty of Postgraduate Education), Medical College and University Clinic for 160 patients and 250 consultations at polyclinic.
The training at the University includes pre-university, undergraduate and postgraduate periods of study. Foreign students are trained at the International Faculty No.1 for further studies at higher educational institutions of Ukraine.
During their training at the University both Ukrainian and foreign students get higher education for the Specialist’s and Master’s degrees (“General Medicine”, “Pediatrics”, “Dentistry”, “Pharmacy”, “Technology of Perfume-Cosmetic Preparations”).
Postgraduate education includes training in internship, mastership and postgraduate study in 29 specialties, in doctoral candidacy – in 12 specialties, as well as refresher courses for physicians and pharmacists.
10200 students, postgraduates, interns, students of refresher courses, teachers-probationers, masters and clinical residents study at the University. There are more than 1800 foreign students from 42 countries at the University. 1024 students are taught in English. The University has gained authority and recognition by training foreign citizens from Asia, Africa, Latin Americaand Europe for more than 40 years. About 10500 specialists have got medical and pharmaceutical education and are working now in more than 100 countries of the world, taking up high positions in the public health systems of their countries.
At Zaporozhye State Medical University students acquire knowledge subject to the requirements of the European system of education. The academic curricula are based on the best models of native and foreign practice of specialists’ training.
Students, bachelors, interns, masters, postgraduates, teachers working for Doctor’s degree as well as students of refresher courses study at 59 departments. 56 departments are headed by Professors/Doctors of sciences, 3 departments are headed by Associate Professors/PhDs. The training is carried out with the use of the most modern scientific and pedagogical technologies.
The training of foreign students is conducted by contract basis. The medium of instruction is the Ukrainian, Russian or English.
The tuition fee for one foreign citizen per year is:
- a) International Faculty №1 (Preparatory Faculty) – 1400 USD;
- b) International Faculty № 2:
– Specialties “General Medicine” and “Pediatry” (the Ukrainian or Russian medium of instruction):
- 1–3 years of study – 3100 USD;
- 4–6 years of study – 3450 USD;
– Specialty “Dentistry” (the Ukrainian or Russian medium of instruction):
- 1–2 years of study – 3300 USD;
- 3–5 years of study – 3750 USD;
– Specialties “Pharmacy” and “Technology of perfume-cosmetic preparations” (the Ukrainian or Russian medium of instruction):
- 1–5 years of study – 3000 USD;
– Specialties “General Medicine” and “Pediatry” (English medium of instruction):
- 1–3 years of study – 4000 USD;
- 4–6 years of study – 4500 USD;
– Specialty “Dentistry” (English medium of instruction):
- 1–2 years of study – 4300 USD;
- 3–5 years of study – 4650 USD;
– Specialties “Pharmacy” and “Technology of perfume-cosmetic preparations” (English medium of instruction):
- 1–5 years of study – 4300 USD;
Clinical studies (the Ukrainian, Russian or English medium of instruction): – 3200 USD.